My Monday Good Thing is a self indulgent one today, I’ve been nominated for an award and so I get to talk all about ME.
I was nominated by At Milliways with a pen (I’m guessing that’s a Douglas Adams reference which is always great), so thank you.
The Mystery Blogger Award…
- is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates; it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there and they deserve every recognition they get.
- is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging and they do it with so much love and passion.
- was created by Okoto Enigma.
List of instructions for nominees:
Note: it seems a bit cheeky to be making demands on people I don’t really know, so just do what you feel like doing
- Display the award logo on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link.
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- Answer 5 questions from the nominee.
- Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
- Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
- Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
- Share the link to your best post.
Three things about me (I’m terrible at these kinds of questions, so I’ve just picked three random things I could think of):
- I once got dragged down the street by bus. It was one where you jump in through the open door at the back. I jumped, grabbing onto the pole; I missed my footing but held on and got dragged along the road to the next set of lights. I may have been quite stoned at the time.
- I’ve lived in about 30 different places; including a derelict building, a squat and a house I helped build that had no walls.
- If I had the money, I’d do degrees in marine biology and electrical engineering.
What’s the book you always wanted to read (or should have read) when you were younger but couldn’t because you never found it/it didn’t exist? Like, what would you have felt truly represented you?
I don’t know if this makes me sound like an arrogant arse or not, but I don’t think I’ve ever found a book that represented me. One reason I started writing when I was a kid was that all female characters I encountered were weak and whiny and I wanted big dramatic characters who did stuff. (I could identify with big dramatic male characters who did stuff, but it wasn’t quite the same). Now, female characters are more dramatic, but I haven’t read any that I feel are like me. That doesn’t stop me enjoying reading about them though.
Are you good with directions? (I’m not.)
I think my brain is missing an essential part that enables me to know where I am. I’m mostly in a haze of unawareness. I’m fine with that because I like to wander.
Starbucks, yes or no? Explain why.
Rarely, because I’m super careful with money and Starbucks is expensive.
What are you the most hopeful about for 2017?
I’ve decided this is the year I get over my problems with anxiety and I think I have a workable plan to do this. My job is going well (I actually seem to know what I’m doing) and I kind of look forward to going in. I’m working on a new writing project that I’m excited about. I think I’m getting a novel published.
Weird question: Do you have a favorite airport? (Mine’s SeaTac.)
I quite like being at airports, I think it’s the lack of anything to do. I spent a pleasant few hours at Quito airport in Ecuador some years ago, just walking round listening to music, thinking and eating a burger. Then I spent the next twenty four hours in Hell as I got food poisoning on the plane, followed by getting stuck in a freezing Houston airport because the planes were snowed in. I’m more wary in airports now.
My favourite post of mine is one of the Islands of Xogulano posts: Lichen Fish
My nominees, all of whom have great blogs you should check out:
- Bookyglover – thoughts and poetry
- The Shameful Narcissist – mostly book and game reviews
- Among Other Things, J – thoughts and poetry
- Sidra Owens Welcome to the Wicked Orchard – thoughts and stories
- WAGblog: Dum Spiro Spero – art and thoughts
- Perfect Man Designs – comic art about life
- Word Shamble -stories
- Calmgrove – literary musings
- Flash 365 – flash fiction
- Living in God’s Pocket with ABI – thoughts and poetry about life with a brain injury
My questions for you ten:
- Where did the idea for your blog title come from? What does it mean?
- What are your plans/ambitions for 2017?
- If you could download any file of knowledge to your brain (Matrix-style ‘I know kung fu!’) what would you choose?
- What do you find difficult that other people find easy?
- What modern saying or common language error gets your hackles up?